Pause for Thought in the Classroom: Kindness Matters
The importance of being kind
Suitable for Whole School (Sec)
To consider that kindness is important.
Preparation and materials
- You will need to have the means available to play the videos below. The first one is 1 minute long and the second one is 3.48 minutes long.
Watch the following videos.
Time for reflection
As you think about how you might be kind to someone today, listen to the following songs, which have been produced during lockdown.
- ‘Gary Barlow and stars come together to perform “Sing” - BBC’, available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77VYEa1MNKM (4.22 minutes long)
- ‘The UK Blessing - Churches sing “The Blessing” over the UK’, available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U (6.46 minutes long)
‘You’ve got a friend in me’ from the film Toy Story, available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNi02gxTI1M (2.04 minutes long)
- The theme of Mental Health Awareness Week, which took place in May, was kindness. There are several resources about kindness available at: https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/campaigns/mental-health-awareness-week
- It’s also worth considering kindness to the environment. Why not think about some changes people could make, whether locally or internationally, to improve how we treat the environment and then create a poster to promote them?