Pause for Thought: Beautiful Spring
Springtime is amazing!
by Jan Edmunds (video recording by Rebecca Parkinson)
Suitable for Whole School (Pri)
To consider the beauty of spring and to give thanks for the beauty of nature.
Preparation and materials
- You will need to have the means available to play the videos below. The first one is 2.11 minutes long and the second one, ‘Looking for signs of spring’, which is available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wws3bFd64fA, is 1.44 minutes long.
- You will also need the PowerPoint slides that accompany this assembly (Pause for Thought - Beautiful Spring) and the means to display them.
Next, watch the clip below and see how many signs of spring you can spot.
Time for reflection
Open the PowerPoint slides (Pause for Thought - Beautiful Spring) and click through them, reading out the words of the poem on Slides 2, 6 and 11 and looking at the pictures that follow each verse.
What a wonderful world we live in!
You may wish to use the following prayer.
Thank you for the beauty and wonders of your world
And for the signs of spring that show us that life goes on.
Help us to take the time to stop and look for the beauty that is all around us.
Help us to be grateful and to do all that we can to protect our world.
‘Spring songs for children: Spring is here’, available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DobrRgD5aOU (3.38 minutes long)
- Take another look at the pictures on the slides. Could you have a go at making your own springtime drawing?
- With a bit of crafting, you could bring spring indoors! Why not try making paper flowers and springtime animals? Examples include:
- ‘How to make paper daffodils flower’, available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lBoEfFHjP0 (4.43 minutes long)
- ‘Easy paper tulip origami flower’, available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFHGsHdY8w4 (4.25 minutes long)
- ‘How to make a pompom Easter chick’, available at: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Pompom-Easter-Chick