Pause for Thought: Joy in Kindness
Making others happy makes us happy, too
by Rebecca Parkinson
Suitable for Whole School (Pri)
To consider the importance of sharing and being kind.
Preparation and materials
- You will need to have the means available to play the video below. It is 3.43 minutes long.
Time for reflection
Ask the children what they think the video is trying to show.
Point out that:
- kindness matters
- our actions make a difference
- often, our kindness can lead to something far better happening
Encourage the children to do something kind for someone today.
‘Be kind’ by Kendra K, available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V_k4zeYO1Y (3.42 minutes long)
- Have a think about acts of kindness that you could carry out and write a list. There are some great ideas at: https://advantage4parents.com/article/copy-3/ and https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/
- To keep track of your acts of kindness and record something kind that you do every day, you could download the Power of Kindness Calendar from the Red Cross website at: https://www.redcross.org.uk/get-involved/teaching-resources/kindness-calendar