Pause for Thought: Every Little Counts
Kindness is important
by Philippa Rae (video recording by Verity Thornhill)
Suitable for Whole School (Pri)
To consider the value of kindness and how it affects other people.
Preparation and materials
- You will need to have the means available to play the video below. It is 3.18 minutes long.
Time for reflection
Sometimes, it is easy to forget to be kind. Being kind means thinking about someone else and being willing to put their needs first.
Think about the ways in which people are kind to you.
- How did you feel when someone was kind?
- How can you show kindness to someone today?
You may wish to use the following prayer.
Please help me to be kind towards others.
Please help me to be helpful, considerate and sympathetic.
Even at difficult times, when I’m busy or tired, help me to respond to others in the way that I would like to be treated.
‘Spread kindness’, available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpmybSJZcTI (4.03 minutes long)
- Why not challenge yourself to a week of kindness . . . or even a month! There are some ideas for acts of kindness available on the 40 Acts website - some of these challenges won’t be possible while you are staying at home, but with a bit of imagination, you could alter them slightly so that you can spread some kindness.
- The 40 Acts family wallchart is available at: https://40acts.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/40-Family-Wallchart-2020-v2.pdf
- A different set of 40 challenges is available at: https://40acts.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/40acts-Schools-Challenge-card-2019.pdf
- Could you make a lion like the one in today’s story? There are some examples available at: https://stylesatlife.com/articles/lion-crafts/